Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The things that i miss.

So tired. I miss the Laundromat with the wooden panel walls. I miss the simplicity, my tape deck , and searching. I miss walking through a crowd and breathing. I miss yelling across the street to greet someone i hadn't seen in ages. I miss the future. I miss losing my voice. I miss walking trails and looking up. The smell of moldy rocks, damp leaves, and the sun using its appendages to peek through the branches.  I miss that sinking feeling when rejection approaches. I miss using my senses.

I miss riding my bike while eating a slice of pizza and not telling anyone about it. I miss holding photographs and reliving what they captured. I miss being there. I miss looking at my wrist watch for the time, or getting an idea based on the tides. I miss stopping and taking a minute. I miss waiting, anticipation and spontaneity. I miss not being angry at the over abundance of information, negativity, and social climate change being wired into my conscience by a billion electron beams from a billion sources of media. I miss knowing, but being able to escape in to a state of reality with the simple bounce of a basketball or the flick of a light switch..  I miss the sound of my pick-up truck's tires crushing pebbles on unknown roads. I miss mystery. I miss calling a friend. I miss simplicity. So tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment