Saturday, December 1, 2012

out of chances....

my best chances have gone down the drain like tears in blood stains. Hanging my head in a cold shower looking at it all fall apart, the linoleum is giving me a concussion, my face and wall the percussion. now my skull broke a pipe and there's a leak and a massive eruption of blood and defeat. Where will i eat? where will i lay and hear the floor boards creek? where will i have a seat that's not cushioned by cardboard and concrete?  Where will the spark and engine meet? or will it be the steel and the vain that make the cycle complete. Inside my mind is a dangerous landscape. land mines and the strangest people with secret handshakes. ive got a stomach ache and a loose canon aimed at my own face. I don't know the password and they're about to amputate. Sever my mind from my body and set me free into a maelstrom of all the racing thoughts that fell off track in a hailstorm , dejected memories come crashing at my feet, i know i failed lord. Let me slip through the cracks with broken shadows and slide under the tombs of the pharaohs to a place where hopes and dream congregate. let it be my resting place. My respite from the python necklace that gripped my throat from birth all the way to this morning's breakfast. My best chances have sailed into the dead river. I hang my head beneath the branch and close my eyes forever.

1 comment:

  1. I am breathless. You writing is so beautiful, Dan. I have to work on getting you published! The world must know your beautiful mind!

    ReplyDelete