Friday, December 2, 2011

death is my gift.

its a way out. some much needed respite. it's not a cry for help, cuz i am not desperate. Its a gift, a treasure beneath the ashes i sift. I broke from the script, improvising through a life in which i wasn't equipped. You lost your grip and i was dropped, into the darkest shadow of my most forbidden thoughts. When all was lost, i couldn't bare to exhaust the option of a life where i aimlessly walked. Its not that i was caught, i just have to stop. I gave you all i had as the mercury dropped. im trapped between the broken mirror and bloody walls. i finger paint a smiling face with crossed eyes before i fall. follow the trail to hell where i'm at peace with it all.
On the outskirts of a ghost town with no sound there's dead trees and cracked dirt. a broken window in the haunted house where i've lived since birth. Yours is the only reflection i see, in this stagnant pool of blood that's choking on me. My life expectancy is holding a clock right next to me. You were what's best for me now im just left to be. a hand full of pills as im fumbling toward ecstasy. I haven't slept because you're gone. Since you've left i've seen the darkness, with no sight of dawn. Burning a hole in my heart, acid reflux sucks. sinking on the raft flooded by my tear ducts. a sitting duck amidst the mire. a nail in your spare tire. I left my self open like a travel retreat flyer. I guess i was easy to read, now i stay between the lines as the clock hits nine. i hit an artery with broken hourglass, my love i'm outta time. I'm trapped between a whim and a tattered old quilt. Bury me at peace beneath the gallows where dead memories are built. Our last kiss led to this, a closed door a clenched fist. a life of sorrow for eternal bliss. I open my wounds and let death be my gift

No comments:

Post a Comment