Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Homage

Nobody can crush a soul like you. Can give life to a vice on a sleepless night like you. Your words carry me through fields of dismay. Atop the trees, I'm with the breeze as your voice sends the storm away. You are the interstate in which my mind wanders. My destination unknown but the heart grows fonder. The days grow longer as your notes do reflect. There's a parallel between life and the sunset. the inspired fire which burns in the mortal sublets. You are the cooling effect.
Nobody can perk the mind like you. Can get the coil to unwind like you. Your thoughts guide the lost to a place they forgot. Your words are home, a sanctuary for the desolate periods in a run on poem. You don't cast a shadow by choice as you stand with the strangers where the moss is moist. Your humanity the only true rival to your voice. Nobody can crush a soul like you, and that is why I gathered the pieces scattered around the world by you, strewn them as words of gratitude for every peaceful afternoon or wide awake moon that I lived cuz of you. This is the homage.

No comments:

Post a Comment