Friday, January 11, 2013

Night Terrors

the corridors , the lights, the wars. The emotions pouring out of the pores. The helpless body inside its own mind. Losing feeling and strength as hairs dance up the spine. The chest is suspect as cardiac arrests. Try and try but you won't catch your breath. The pins and needles persevere. as the electrons send send Morse code  , evoking all fears. The conscious is waving white flags all around. There deer in the headlights cries but can't make a sound. The sheer terror in night scares frost off the window. I watch my body shake as my soul waits in limbo.
There's a rage and a sadness tepid tears do run. My fists are clenched as i swing toward the sun. But there's no star, just a fire. A dusty bell and flat tire. There's a marathon in my mind, every species on the line. running intertwined in circles, i think im fucking dying. And here comes the Morse code sending a thousand megawatts from my eyes to my torso.  Breathing in and out i watch the dead horse go. Riding into the dawn's break, my fuckin soul aches. Tepid tears turn to snow flakes. im fucking here but my mind won't wait. night terrors, playing back the errors. i swim in my mistakes with the sharks and crooked letters. night terrors got my skin dancin' with razors, got my rage a tornado ripping the flesh off star gazers. Night terrors let me settle in my peace. night terrors take the soul right outta me.

No comments:

Post a Comment